Friday 14 September 2018

The Media And Me

The Internet
The internet has always been in my life even when we were first born. I didn't start to use the internet until later into my life during my early teenage years, the internet had always been around me as my dad used it, however, the internet was never actually used by me as a source of information, instead I was pushed towards books and other ways of getting information, but never the internet. This was due to the old fashioned nature of my family. Towards my early teenage life, around the age of 13. I began to rely on the internet more as a source of information. As on the use of the internet nowadays I'm extreemely reliant on the internet, its a source of information for almost everything I do, whether its informing me of how to do something or maybe even a source of entertainment.  I use the internet all the time and is a large part of my life.

Video Games
I grew up alongside video games. They had just started to be created and being used. During my childhood the Nintendo DS' and specifically the DSi's which I was an owner of myself was a big part of my childhood. Today, this is no longer a part of my life as I have moved towards other video games. I currently own a PC owner and play once or twice a week, on and off (not obsessively).
Television
Television as a child was never used by myself. My parents did but this never influenced me and it was not something that I did, unless it was something such as "i'm a celeb" or tv programs that I rarely watched with my family.. As I've got older and very recently I have begun to watch more television, however its almost exclusively sport television (UFC) I watch.


Film
I have always watched films especially as a kid. I would get very involved in them too, I enjoyed them and this has relatively stayed the same. However, I have become much more cynical of films and I also find have less time for them due to being busy.

Advertising
Advertising has always been in my life but it has never had an effect on me. Im always seeing advertisements everywhere for all types of things however unless its something thats specifically interesting to me then I will most of the time ignore it and or forget it regardless if I'm interested or not.

Music Video
Music videos are not a source of media that I use much either. The reason for this is because I've never had a reason to watch them. With the use of music streaming apps such as Spotify you don't have to and is easier and more appropriate, so I never have really watched music videos unless it was recommended by a friend for humour reasons.

Radio
My parents have always listened to the radio, when I was younger kid I would listen too. Specifically BBC Radio One, BBC Radio Two and Classical FM. I didn't like the latter two and only listened too radio one, however, this was only for the music and would always tune myself out when they talked because I wasn't interested at that age. Nowadays I will always opt for music I play through the AUX cable over the radio. The only purpose the radio serves now is to wake me up with ambient music in the morning. I use it almost as an alarm.

Magazines
Magazines were used by my mum when I was younger, she would use clothing magazines for specific brands to buy some of her clothing and sometimes still does, however, this is a very rare occasion. I myself have never used clothing magazines or any type of magazines because I do all of my clothing shopping online or in store, never in a magazine.

Newspapers
Newspapers were never a big influence on my life. I have never really used them or read them for entertainment or news. Neither did my family, and we never had them in the house unless it was to kindle our open fire in the winter. The reason for this is because most news can be accessed online nowadays and id rather watch a short concise video informing me of what the current headlines are over reading a newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment