Tuesday 9 October 2018

Editing Using Premiere Pro

Explain the task that you were given to do

We were asked to create a music video. We were given a few clips of water sports and the song (Oops Upside Your Head) and had to edit, cut and transition them all together, it was composed of purely non-diegetic sound resulting in a music video.

Describe the way in which you went about completing the task
  • What did you find easy?
The general understanding of the layout I found quite easy because I have used Sony Vegas Pro, a similar editing software to Premiere Pro and they have a similar layout so I found it didn't take me long to fully understand the concept.
  • What was more difficult?
In terms of using the timeline, it was slightly different to Sony Vegas Pro and therefore I had to re-learn certain aspects of the timeline and how it is different.
  • How did you overcome any challenges?
During editing a file that was in use became corrupted, this was not due to my own error, however, I got around this. What I did was copied and pasted the file onto my desktop and replaced the file in Premier Pro with the new file. This was a temporary fix but it worked and allowed me to continue with the project.

Evaluate your finished movie
  • What do you think is successful?
One thing that I feel I did successfully was sync up certain clips in time with music. I find this is very effective and makes the video much more exciting.
  • What do you think could be done to improve it?
To improve the video, I would add in more transitions, because I have overused the dissolve transition and should be more creative with the transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment